Talk

Advanced search

Step sons Bad behaviour/Has anyone been to CAMAH councillors?

(2 Posts)
birty Thu 21-Apr-05 20:33:48

My stepson's behaviour at home and at school is terrible and no matter how many times we ground him or take things away it doesn't make any difference. He's only nine and is on report at school and we feel that we have to see a councillor to find out what is going on in his head or what we are doing wrong. Just wondered if anyone has been to CAMAH councilling and could tell me a bit about how they operate in dealing with the problems and whether is helped.

Davros Fri 22-Apr-05 19:45:28

Never heard of CAMAH, is it a mental health service? e.g. psychiatrist? If so, I would be cautious about going there first and maybe try to see a Psychologist first if poss. This is only because Psychiatrists and Mental Health proessionals are looking for just those sort of problems and it could be something simpler. OR maybe others with experience of this sort of thing at this age have found these services helpful and clever enough and willing to spot quickly if its not their area???? Anyone? Could even be something like diet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now