Talk

Advanced search

8 month old sleeping problems

(3 Posts)
nootina Mon 18-Apr-05 14:06:05

Just returned from a weekend away with DH and left DD for the first time with my parents.
She was great for them (slept, ate etc all as she should).
However, since return, she has been playing up:
Has been waking early (much earlier than usual) and screaming for food - could this be relating to a growth spurt?
Also, she has followed a bedtime routine from day one (esp for evening - dinner, bath an hour later and then bottle, short story and then bed). Before we went away, she always settled straight away in her cot - lay quietly for 10 mins or so, then dropped off to sleep.
Since our return, when I put her in her cot, she screams - for about 10 mins and then falls asleep.
I'm thinking that the reason she may scream is because she possibly associates bedtime with me and DH going away (when we went away, we put her to bed and the next face she saw was my mum's, the following morning).

Any suggestions for what I can do?

Thanks loads.

ambrosia Mon 18-Apr-05 14:13:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nootina Mon 18-Apr-05 14:28:35

It's amazing to think how perceptive an 8 month old can be!
Thanks for your advice -was going to continue as I have been -it's just heartwrenching hearing her cry when she doesn't normally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now