Talk

Advanced search

Advice please .......??!!

(7 Posts)
spilla Mon 18-Apr-05 10:50:18

Please!!! anyone any advice of how to entertaina two year old, when 8½ months pregnant and don't feel like doing much. No family close by, no energy to go swimming etc and 2 year old has a will or iron!!

Feel like I'm going to explode, can't stop
shouting at him!! He is having a tantrum at the moment cos his favourite jeans are in the washer!!! please help!!!!!!!

Lonelymum Mon 18-Apr-05 10:54:13

Can you leave him in a room where you think he will be safe whilst you lie down somewhere within earshot?

I know how hard it is (have 4 myself). I always got indescribably tired in pregnancy and had to sleep every afternoon. When pg with No 4, I used to leave No 3 downstairs in front of a video - and she was only 2 at the time (but very good). I used to think what would social services say? but I can't emphasize how much I had to sleep.

dot1 Mon 18-Apr-05 13:21:26

I know the weather's not brilliant today, but have you got a garden/yard you can chuck him out in? I got incredibly tired when I was pregnant and had a 2 year old ds to look after, but he entertained himself for longer when he was outside. Videos aswell - don't worry about how much telly he's watching, just stick whatever he wants on..!

ChocolateGirl Mon 18-Apr-05 13:28:21

Oh, you poor thing! I remember this so well... but luckily I had lots of help at the end of pregnancy. I have to say that my boys watched loads of CBeebies and videos, and used the computer quite a lot too (although two might be a little bit young for that).

Have you got any friends you could visit for an afternoon - preferably ones who are not pregnant and have a child of a similar age for yours to play with? Sorry I can't be more help.

ambrosia Mon 18-Apr-05 13:56:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spilla Tue 19-Apr-05 09:53:02

Thanks for the tips - ds at nursery today (I can breathe!!)

Intend to do some retail therapy and go have my haircut - hopefully I will feel better about being at home with him tomorrow!!

Twiglett Tue 19-Apr-05 09:56:27

video, ice cream, over-indulgence

oh I feel for you

can you rope in any friends to take him off your hands?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now