loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS does not like being three.

(5 Posts)
cori Sun 17-Apr-05 21:15:53

What do you think of this.

DS is 3.2, if anyone asks him his age he says 'I am not 3, I am 2'
Today we were talking about his birthday party ( which he really enjoyed) He made the statement again and I questioned it. He 'said two happy,three sad' . I cant think why this could be. He started preschool a month before his 3 rd birthday, but he loves preschool.
ANyone experienced something similar.

kid Sun 17-Apr-05 21:19:41

Can't help as my DS turned 3 this month and loves telling us that he is 3 now.
We have been telling DS 'You can't do X because you are 3 now, 3 means you are a big boy'
Have you been saying anything like that to your DS?

cori Sun 17-Apr-05 21:26:41

DS was fine in the begining. Probably have a couple of times , Like using the toilet rather than the potty, trying to persuade him out of his pushchair. We havent actually said 'you cant because you are big boy now' though.

kid Sun 17-Apr-05 21:31:06

Just a thought that he didn't want to be 3 as it meant he wouldn't be able to do certain things. I think I'd better change my wording with DS before it backfires on me!

DS has told us that he can feed our dog now because he is 3, we decided to go along with it if it makes him happy. Is there something you can arrange for your DS to do now that he is 3?

Has he said why 3 is sad?

cori Mon 18-Apr-05 10:05:21

AM trying to find out, when I ask him he says 'just sad'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now