Talk

Advanced search

Aspergers+child's anger

(4 Posts)
Lorns Fri 15-Apr-05 14:03:27

My son (Jam) aged 7 is undiagnosed aspergers. He has a pead final diagnosis (hopefully) on 21st of this month. We have already had a verbal confirmation of Aspergers from the pead. He seems to be getting more and more angry by the week. Everything is so negative (although he says he's not a photo when I challenge him on his negativity!!!). He has his calm moments but most of the time is really angry and aggressive. It is really getting me down. If I ignore him he starts being emotionally abusive towards me or starts hitting his 5 year old brother for no reason. We saw a behaviour person this week but she wasn't much help and said that we are doing most of the right things. Any ideas?

binkie Fri 15-Apr-05 14:25:50

Lorns, there are people in the same boat as you here - as you will see! Sympathies and all the best. And if you're new (haven't seen your name before), welcome.

Lorns Fri 15-Apr-05 14:30:07

Binkie. Thanks for message and support. Yes I'm new and just finding my way around the site!!

KarenThirl Fri 15-Apr-05 17:36:14

Hi Lorns, welcome aboard. I'm fairly new around here too, with ds of 6 who's also in the middle of an assessment, provisional dx of Asperger's and a violent little so and so when the mood strikes. Have you read Parenting A Child With Asperger Syndrome - 200 Tips and Strategies by Brenda Boyd? Best book about AS I've read, loads of great ideas and practical too. This is a great board and very supportive, you'll get lots of help here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now