Talk

Advanced search

Appropriate Behaviour Boy aged 7?

(4 Posts)
MummyBear4 Fri 15-Apr-05 11:36:10

What is appropriate behaviour for a seven year old boy who has recently become aware of his male hormones?

donnie Fri 15-Apr-05 11:39:09

depends what you are referring to .....has he done something you feel is inappropriate? I expect a lot of littleboys say and do things they don't really understand anyway.

MummyBear4 Fri 15-Apr-05 11:41:27

He says that he likes teenage girls, they make his bits big!!! His sexual language shocks me. What is the appropriate age for them to become aware of this and what can I say to him when I sit him down and try and talk about this.?

donnie Fri 15-Apr-05 11:56:29

it sounds like he may have picked something up from school or the television - I don;t think he really knows the full implications of a statement like this which I agree is a bit shocking for his age.I would probably not make too big a fuss of it unless he makes a habit of it. Maybe then you could casually ask ' who said that?' or 'where did you hear that?' and see what he says. Good luck.I expect other mums will have some good suggestions about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now