Talk

Advanced search

Should I put th flow-control valve back in DS's cups? He is driving me bonkers

(10 Posts)
MarlaSinger Thu 19-Feb-09 09:22:55

We use these cups for DS with milk and water, they have a valve to slow the flow down and we have always had it on the fastest setting - so it is not a non-spill cup but drips rather than pours.

He is 16 months now and obviously we want to work towards open cups, he can manage a doidy cup fine (with meals) but just throws it around so for use in the daytime he still needs the spout - but since removing the valve completely and making it totally free-flowing he just shakes them wildly until they are empty, I am sick of steam-cleaning milk out of the sofa

did we do it too soon or should I wait out this 'phase'?

AlexanderPandasmum Thu 19-Feb-09 09:59:27

DS is nearly 2 and he still does that when he's fed up with his milk!

I am not sure what the answer is - I know DS is completely capable of drinking from an open cup but he can't be trusted not to go splashing in the contents!

MrsBadger Thu 19-Feb-09 10:01:01

dd is 18m and we currently use valves for milk but not for water - she is a shaker too

Smee Thu 19-Feb-09 11:08:47

Take away the stress away and put the valves back on. He's only 16 months after all.
When he's a bit bigger give him a special small glass that's his and his alone and let him have it when you all eat together. He'll soon learn.

nailpolish Thu 19-Feb-09 11:10:25

just have drinks at mealitimes

nailpolish Thu 19-Feb-09 11:11:00

OMG mrsB ds is 18mths already? shock

MrsBadger Thu 19-Feb-09 11:30:27

apart from being a dd, yes wink

(I still remember with gratitude your stern instruction to have a pedicure and a wax the day before she was born...)

nailpolish Thu 19-Feb-09 11:43:44

i meant dd, yes, sorry!

18mths is a lovely age smile

MarlaSinger Thu 19-Feb-09 17:11:04

Thanks, valves are firmly back in place, let's see in a few months...

fledtoscotland Thu 19-Feb-09 19:45:31

i've put the valves back in our cups as DS1 (17months) loves shaking the drink all over my very unimpressed dog

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now