Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 month old DS, has just had his first proper temper tantrum

(6 Posts)
AnguaVonUberwald Thu 19-Feb-09 09:20:30

He is a very happy, smily boy but today he say the box of chocolates, and when he didn't get one he screamed, in temper for about 5 mins!

Now of course that makes sense, he wants the chocolate, and he wants it NOW!

I am just wondering if 10 months old is young to be starting tantrums? I thought it was called the terrible 2's for a reason?

nappyaddict Thu 19-Feb-09 09:30:51

No my DS had his first tantrum at 7 months!

AnguaVonUberwald Thu 19-Feb-09 09:32:43

Oh dear! I guess I was hoping we had a bit more time. He has always been a very strong willed baby (capable of crying for an hour+ in the car, if he just wants to get out - we tend not to do long car journeys any more).

So I always knew that the tantrum stage was going to be interesting! I thought we had more time!!

smartiejake Thu 19-Feb-09 09:35:09

My wonderfully behaved, sweet tempered smiling baby who hardly ever cried had her first tantrum at 9 months the day she learned to crawl and was told "no" when she tried to touch the CD player!

AnguaVonUberwald Thu 19-Feb-09 13:12:33

He still tends to giggle at the word no, I think he thinks it means "interesting" But if he can't have something he wants or get somewhere he wants to go, the screaming starts, he screamed today again, because I carried him out of the kitchen!

Sorry to repeat myself, but I really thought we had more time!

meandjoe Thu 19-Feb-09 15:37:20

it's normal, there's another thread a bit further down about a 7 month old and tantrums. my ds was very strong willed from about 5 days old lol! he was always a bigcryer and hated his car seat too. regularly cried for an hour if we were going on a long journey so we had to time them all around his naps so he slept through them. the tantrums atarted the day he could crawl too and i moved him away from the dog's water bowl. all hell broke lose and he hasn't stopped yet! it's nothing to worry about but very hard to live with i must admit. he is a very smiley happy boy most of the time now though, just always had that stroppy toddler edge to him even as a newborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now