Talk

Advanced search

19month old walking funny

(10 Posts)
Pagan Tue 12-Apr-05 14:01:11

Just noticed this today - when walking my dd puts her right foot down tows first and the whole foot seems turned inwards slightly. I thought it was perhaps her shoe (although they are newly fitted from Clarks) but she's doing it in her slippers and bare feet too although it's not so obvious. Could she just have hurt her foot or something that will clear up or is it something more?

She has always walked well although seemed a little hen-toed. She doesn't seem to be in pain at all

Pagan Tue 12-Apr-05 14:01:38

That's supposed to be toes!!

Pagan Tue 12-Apr-05 14:08:34

Bump!

Nemo1977 Tue 12-Apr-05 14:10:27

am sure shes fine but if ur worried take her to gp or hv.

LIZS Tue 12-Apr-05 15:46:30

What sort of shoes are they ? dd turns her foot in and it is more pronounced in less well fitted shoes such as wellies and slippers. Is it worth having the fit checked, perhaps a different style would suit her better ? dd has very narrow feet so we find laces and sandals with a snug fitting heel work better.

Pagan Wed 13-Apr-05 14:04:35

Good point Liz. They are Clarks and they were measured. She was a 5.5E fitting however these boot types are an F fitting. The shop assistant said just to tighten the velcro pretty tight and they'd be fine. She seemed much better today as I had tightened the vecro so I think she must be undoing them herself and then they are not fitting quite so snuggly.

However am now wondering if I should go back and complain and get ones that fit snuggly to begin with.

piffle Wed 13-Apr-05 14:27:25

Honestly Clarks are going downhill in fitting kids shoes IMHO
my dd is 4.5 B fitting I went in simply to see if they would check her length as I suspected she had grown a size (which she has)(she has nhs piedro boots due to her sizing probs) I bought a handbag so wasn't "using" them for nothing
She tried to sell me a pair of trainers for dd that were a 5.5F saying well trainers laces do up much tighter etc dd's foot width does not even register on their sizing toy.
How old is your dd pagan?

Pagan Thu 14-Apr-05 16:29:44

She's 19 months old!

LIZS Thu 14-Apr-05 16:58:08

Have to say never convinced that velcro, convenient though it is, fits as well as a lace up which spreads the pressure across a larger part of the foot and adjust more closely to the shape of the foot. How many fastenings are on the shoe ? If it is only at the ankle then it may be too loose over the rest of the foot, and as you say they can fiddle and make it looser.

Pagan Thu 14-Apr-05 18:15:12

Yup - just the one!

Her previous shoes were lace ups and she had no bother with them - it was just a footer getting them on and off

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: