Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

FEEDS NOT SATISFYING

(8 Posts)
LOLLY32 Mon 11-Apr-05 15:49:42

MY BABY IS NEARLY EIGHT WEEKS OLD AND IS HAVING SMA GOLD SHE HARDLY STRETCHES TO 3 HOURS IN THE DAY BUT IS BETTER AT NIGHT. I HAVE NOW SWITCHED HER TO SMA WHITE WITH LITTLE DIFFERENCE. IS THIS A GROWTH SPURT OR SHOULD I CHANGE HER MILK

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 15:55:50

is she putting on weight? she is sounding like she is hungry, but 3 hrs is ok, and sma white is a good brand. personally i use farleys second milk, but there is hardly any difference

does she finish the bottle or does she fall asleep halfway through?

maybe it is a little growth spurt

she will go longer when she is ready

LOLLY32 Mon 11-Apr-05 16:21:04

Yes she is putting on weight.She finishes the bottle, 5 ounces. I know 3 hrs is ok but she cries and whines for about an hour before this until I give in! Not leaving me much time for jobs or my 2 year old!

nailpolish Mon 11-Apr-05 16:22:42

i know its hard with a toddler, im the same

hopefully she will change soon, they change all the time

just when you think you can take no more they change

chin up xxx

fruitful Mon 11-Apr-05 17:00:43

Give her 6 ounces?

I've heard that you're supposed to give them enough so they don't quite finish it all - then you know they stopped because they wanted to. Just make sure you don't keep pushing the bottle back in when she pushes it out.

Although, don't you want her to get more feeds in during the day, so she has less at night?

LOLLY32 Mon 11-Apr-05 18:44:06

I don't mind her feeding more in the day but the night feeds haven't decreased just that she is more settled. In the day she feeds then goes to sleep for 30 mins then cries and is unsettled until I feed her again.

fruitful Mon 11-Apr-05 18:49:15

Oh - what happens if you wake her up after the feed, and then try to get her to sleep a bit later when she starts looking tired? And then it might be time for a feed when she wakes. My dd always wanted feeding as soon as she woke up, no matter how long it was since the last feed. Just a thought, sorry if you've tried all this!

LOLLY32 Mon 11-Apr-05 19:10:59

She doesn't always go straight to sleep she will feed have a kick for a bit then sleep but wake after about half an hour then cry and whinge until i feed her. i have tried comforting her then putting her down again but it only works for a few minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now