Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scared of the dark - how do i get my 5 y.o sleeping without the light on

(4 Posts)
Boys2mam Tue 10-Feb-09 20:57:03

my ds will be 5 nxt wk and usually sleeps with his bedside lamp on. His little brother is going to be moving into his room soon so I'm trying to get him to go to sleep without his lamp. I got him a gloe bear for xmas so he can have the light off but he now tells me he's having nightmares about someone coming to take him away!!

Any suggestions how to handle this?? I tried telling he's a big boy now but just got tears - am i wrong to force the issue?

sundew Tue 10-Feb-09 22:18:04

Could you try having the hall light on? DD1 (8yr) still has her night light on when she goes to sleep and I turn it off when I go to bed.

If it doesn't upset your other ds I wouldn't force it.

notfromaroundhere Tue 10-Feb-09 22:29:00

My DS1 (3.4) has never slept without a light on. DS2 (now 19 months) had always slept with the light off in our room but when we put them in together DS2 wasn't at all bothered by the light being on and slept as usual. So I would leave it as it is unless his little brother won't settle.

techpep Tue 10-Feb-09 22:34:36

I would try leaving the light on. could maybe cause a bit of rivalry if it changes when sibling moves into room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now