Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

he wants a pink dog for his birthday...

(15 Posts)
bellababe Sat 09-Apr-05 15:06:56

I know there's a thread on boys and dolls, but it's got rather long so just wondered what you think I should do:
ds2 is 3 later this month. He has seen in the Letterbox catalogue a pink dog on a lead which is clever because it "wiggles" as you "walk" it - the lead is solid. He is passionate about dogs, but is not interested in the brown lab pictured next to this pink poodle. He has a doll and loves pink (aided by having an older sister with lots of lovely pink things) and no-one in the family has an issue with this. What I'm wondering is how quickly is he likely to grow out of this? I just don't want to buy this thing and then find that 3 months down the line he's not interested, where the lab might be a little longer-living! However at the moment he really is not interested in the lab! What do you think?

gothicmama Sat 09-Apr-05 15:11:21

can you find one that is similar but may last longer or try to steer him towards pound puppies or something doggy related .

kid Sat 09-Apr-05 15:14:21

If your DS really wants it and you don't have a problem then I'd just get it. How old is your DD, maybe she would happily play with the dog once your DS looses interest in it. My DS turned 3 last weekend and has already lost interest in a few of his toys! He will probably start playing with them when I try and pass them on at Christmas!

bellababe Sat 09-Apr-05 15:16:12

Believe me, he has plenty, and really, plenty, of dog stuff already - soft toys, posters, books, jigsaws, 2 real life dogs. How water bottle covers, pencil cases. Nope, there is no steering away from this pink poodle. I could just not get it. There wouldn't be an issue there. But I know it's something he wants, and it looks quite clever. I think he'd really enjoy it.

kid Sat 09-Apr-05 15:19:38

can you post a link of it?

RTMTMML Sat 09-Apr-05 15:19:54

Let him have it. No matter what you give him the only thing that he wants is the pink dog and they'll never be good enough. My friend's son wanted a pink kitchen. His Italian father couldn't cope with the thought, bought him a huge train set and track. He bought the kitchen but hid it at the back of the Christmas tree. His son wept until he saw the kitchen. Ignored the trainset and played with the kitchen for months. Eventually he went of the kitchen which was then passed down to his two sisters.

bellababe Sat 09-Apr-05 15:22:48

Try this

bellababe Sat 09-Apr-05 15:23:45

No that takes you to the home page - I put in "wiggle" as a search and that brought it up.

kid Sat 09-Apr-05 15:36:06

Argos do one here

kid Sat 09-Apr-05 15:36:48

But thinking about it, as you said he likes pink so the other dog appeals more. Maybe you could sway him into liking the cat?

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Apr-05 15:37:19

Ah, get it for him, he's 3! Go for it, I would.

sorrel Sat 09-Apr-05 15:40:53

d neice wants a blue pig for her 3rd b-day.must be an age thing

bellababe Sat 09-Apr-05 15:42:45

yes, but a little girl is less likely, isn't she, to suddenly realise that her fave colour is totally un-pc?

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Apr-05 15:44:13

bellababe, if it's any help I painted ds's finger and toenails whatever colour mine were, so sometimes pink, sometimes deep red, until he stopped asking me to, which was when he was about 5 and peer pressure kicked in!

jabberwocky Sat 09-Apr-05 16:06:36

I would get it for him. He really likes it and it does sound cute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now