Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Walking with one foot turned outwards - should I be worried?

(2 Posts)
SantaLucia Sun 08-Feb-09 15:27:45

Any advice welcome.

My DD is 15 months, a bum shuffler and has never crawled. She began pulling up to standing at 14 months and, in the last 2 days, has been walking (at speed) around our flat with the aid of her baby walker. She can also walk with me holding her hand.

The worrying bit is that one of her feet turns out at a right angle (like charlie chaplin or a ballet dancer). Its only the one foot but I'm worried it may be a sign that she has a joint or muscle problem. HV says to "wait and see". Has anybody had a similar issue? What action did you take?

Thanks

MannersCostNothing Sun 08-Feb-09 19:37:16

Hi SantaLucia. If it was both feet turned out, I would be inclined to agree with your HV and wait and see. As it is only the one foot, I would get a GP appointment and probably a referral. If you weren't worried, you wouldn't have posted on here. It is probably nothing/a minor thing, but doctors always say that Mum knows best and if there is something not right with your DD, then go with your instincts and get an appointment. Hope it is all fine with your DD smile
Let us know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now