Talk

Advanced search

Discoloured teeth in 11 month old

(6 Posts)
Sullwah Thu 15-Jan-09 20:07:03

Can any of you experienced mums tell me about your LOs teeth when they first came through.

One of my DTs had four teeth - two top and two bottom. The bottom two came through at 9 months and they looked fine at first - but they seem to have a dark gray area on the side of each tooth facing the middle IYSIM.

Is this normal - should I get it checked out?

I suppose I am paranoid as I have got crap teeth and my DH has still got his two bottom middle baby teeth (freaky I know) and I am scared that these teeth are going to stay forever and so need to last!

meandjoe Thu 15-Jan-09 20:13:32

he still has baby teeth??????? wierd! lol anyway, has he banged them at all? does the grey patch seem to be spreading?

Pitchounette Thu 15-Jan-09 20:39:17

Message withdrawn

lifesaboxochoccies Thu 15-Jan-09 20:49:38

sorry no advice but just to say i still have a baby tooth! i know somebody else with 1 aswell i dont think its that unusual!

CoteDAzur Sat 17-Jan-09 09:21:03

Did he have antibiotics?

Has he been taking fluoride supplements?

belgo Sat 17-Jan-09 09:23:33

yes take him to the dentist. It sounds as though they have come down without enough enamel, this can happen.

Ask the dentist for advice about flouride - you might not need it as it could be in the water and toothpaste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now