Talk

Advanced search

parents with reading age kids who still have trouble at bedtime

(4 Posts)
peanutbrittle Wed 14-Jan-09 11:02:52

following on from my earlier thread I just wanted to wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone in a similar position. It's early days but it is doing wonders for my 6 yo DD1 at the moment. The strategy is simple but when you both sign up for it and the child feels involved and in control (more or less wink) it really seems to work.

I've had such issues with this child and sleep in the past that I couldn't not share the info for anyone in a similar situation

PuzzleRocks Wed 14-Jan-09 15:38:14

Bumping for you.

poundforpound Wed 14-Jan-09 15:51:49

thanks peanut, will recommend this to my brother. his DD is 5 and they still have to lie on the bed with her until she falls asleep

peanutbrittle Wed 14-Jan-09 19:18:31

definately recommend it - I've just written (my first ever!) review on amazon, that's how much I like it! this nearly drove us nuts over 6 years so I really feel for anyone else out there going through similar.

Am sure we are not totally out of the woods yet (that'd just jinx it) but it feels like a great start

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now