Talk

Advanced search

Got a meeting with a Child Psychologist on Monday

(3 Posts)
kid Thu 31-Mar-05 22:27:04

I don't know what to expect!
I'm not even sure DS's behaviour is that bad, I know it feels it sometimes.
This appt was made over a month ago and I wanted to write down problems that I am having with him, I didn't write anything down and now I can't remember much either!

I am taking DS with me to meet her on Monday, I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do either. Has anyone got any advice for me?

KarenThirl Fri 01-Apr-05 16:59:45

Start writing it all down now. All your concerns, however trivial. Whatever your reason for seeing the CP in the first place. Spend the weekend with a notebook in your hand and write down all the 'odd' things your ds does that are causing you concern. You'll probably be asked lots of questions about early years, birth and development that sort of thing, so be prepared for that.

DS is currently having his second assessment at CFP, this time with a provisional dx of AS. Personally I chose not to bring him with us for first appointments for either assessment, simply because I don't think it's polite to be talking about him while he's there. You'll be able to talk more freely about your concerns if you're not worrying what DS is thinking about it all. What did the CP say, was DS meant to be included on the initial visit?

Good luck with it, anyway.

kid Fri 01-Apr-05 19:58:48

I asked should I bring him with me, (I assumed I should as it is about him) and she just replied yes I can. We had a long day out today with lots of behaviour issues I can write about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now