Talk

Advanced search

DD just been embarrased in GP surgery

(11 Posts)
sunnyskies Tue 29-Mar-05 16:50:10

Our DD was not very well over Christmas - pain in her ribs/side/tummy area and was sick, etc at the time tried to call out of hours doc who refused to come out!! (thats another story)so first day surgery open took her in - anyway as she has no appetite we took her back as she is quite little for her age and Doc asked that I find her baby record book with all the charts in and bring her to clinic this aftnoon to have height and weight done- asked if this was okay as she over 5 he said yes- went in this aftnoon for the Health visitor to say that as she is over 5 she WOULDN'T do it but she wouldn't come and tell me herself the poor receptionist had to tell me and she was very embarrased and kept apologising for the HV so the whole clinic heard and DD was so embarrased she ran out. Tried to tell receptionist it was ok would make appt to see doc and run after DD, but the receptionist is so nice and got quite upset. Nightmare

Pinotmum Tue 29-Mar-05 17:13:31

How's your dd now. I'd complain about this as you were attending an appointment at your doctor's suggestion so how can the HV then refuse to see you ? I'd let them know your dd was distressed by the whole situation. It's not on really is it? Hope you're calmer now

ssd Tue 29-Mar-05 17:17:04

That's horrible!

Hope your dd is okay and hasn't been put off going to the doctors now....This HV should have her a**e kicked!!

sunnyskies Tue 29-Mar-05 17:18:16

Just had to get it off my chest - DD is "well" now but still no appetite and she has calmed down and reading her library book! The receptionist rang me to see if we were okay and kept apologising - but our appt system is awful I have to go down tomorrow am for the surgery opening at 8.40 to get an appt for Friday to see doc but will certainly talk to him regarding this. Thanks for asking

Potty1 Tue 29-Mar-05 17:36:40

Your poor dd . Our HV still sees my dd and she's 11!!

rodeo1 Tue 29-Mar-05 18:18:35

Your HV sounds like a complete tw*t! Poor little darling - this has made me really cross! You should defo complain to the doc, I agree with ssd, she does need her a**e kicked

rodeo1 Tue 29-Mar-05 18:19:28

Sorry about the multiple expletives

Caligula Tue 29-Mar-05 18:30:54

I'd make a formal complaint about this.

But then, I'm like that.

It could be that there has been a bit of a breakdown of communication, but that's not your DD's fault, is it?

If nothing else, it will establish in the surgery what the rules are on HV and what age.

ggglimpopo Tue 29-Mar-05 18:31:09

Message withdrawn

sunnyskies Tue 29-Mar-05 18:34:00

Wasn't really sure what to do but knew( although I am new to mumsnet) if I got it off my chest on here, you would all have great advice on what I should do - Thanks

sunnyskies Wed 30-Mar-05 15:42:11

When I went to the surgery this morning to make an appointment the Practice Manager was lurking in the background and when it was my turn practically lurched forward making apologises for the treatment received yesterday but she seemed under the illusion it was the something to do with the receptionist and that I had been embarrased - set the record straight on that one, she said she would converse with the docs and HV and see what could be done! Made the appointment and came home but feel as if it was all talk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now