Talk

Advanced search

separation anxiety

(5 Posts)
babyOcho Mon 05-Jan-09 09:13:26

Can anyone suggest a good book on separation anxiety?

My DD (10 months) is by day really chilled and happy and doesn't really mind being left (unless ill). But she wakes in the night and is really freaked, and despite being really knackered will only go back to sleep either on my lap or in my bed holding onto my face.

RaggedRobin Mon 05-Jan-09 10:05:16

i'm in exactly the same position with dd! watching with interest.

babyOcho Mon 05-Jan-09 13:08:22

RaggedRobin, how old is your DD? What do you do to get her back to sleep?

RaggedRobin Mon 05-Jan-09 15:54:42

she's 8.5 months. i started another thread under sleep the other night because she was waking every few minutes in the evening and would only settle again with me lying face to face with her.

we've always co-slept, so it's not such a problem through the night (though one side gets sore!), but in the evenings i feel as though i'm constantly settling her.

i suppose it's just a phase, so i'll probably just go with it, but i do sympathise!

RaggedRobin Mon 05-Jan-09 15:57:20

oh and to get her back to sleep i do just go in quickly and lie beside her until she falls asleep again. i prefer to go in while she is still just at the grumbling stage as otherwise she gets more upset and it's more difficult to settle her.

my 3 year old still co-sleeps with us too though, so you might not be wanting to heed my advice!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: