Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 mo old doesn't like books.

(5 Posts)
ionesmum Mon 28-Mar-05 21:45:29

I know that probably sounds mad, but dd1 loved books from very early on, liked turning the pages and knew when her favourite parts were coming well before this age. Dd2 isn't interested - sometimes she'll have a look onhe rown but if I try to read to her she tries to snatch the book off me and has even been known to throw it across the room! I feel it's my fault as I haven't had as much time to read to her as I did her sister. I love books and would hate for her not to get into them, and I know how important being read to is for their developement.

Enid Mon 28-Mar-05 22:00:24

its a phase, its a phase...dd2 isn't as keen as dd1 - just persevere but don't force it. Does she like lift the flap books (so she feels as though she is 'doing' something)?

tillykins Mon 28-Mar-05 22:01:38

agree, phase!
Just leave some interesting looking ones about that she can reach if she wants, ones with lift the flap or textures on

misdee Mon 28-Mar-05 22:02:39

can ustill get bath books? dd1 loved those.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 28-Mar-05 22:04:33

she'll grow into them I'm sure. Of course my dd loved books at 12 months...unfortunately she preferred to nibble on them as apposed to have them read to her....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now