Talk

Advanced search

Tantrums at 16 months

(12 Posts)
kristatwin Fri 26-Dec-08 18:59:42

My DS is 16 months and feel a bit concerned, he keeps having a tantrum over nothing, well at least i think it is a tantrum.

He seems to start crying over absolutley nothing and i mean nothing, but when he is having this tantrum he seems to go very sleepy and limp, it lasts about 20 minutes, is this a tantrum !!

Nighbynight Fri 26-Dec-08 19:38:40

Doesnt sound like anything mine did, I have to say. Hope someone else will come along in a bit who can suggest more...

Nighbynight Fri 26-Dec-08 22:17:14

singsong Fri 26-Dec-08 23:28:04

I have a 16 month old ds and he is having some tantrums recently which seem to be caused by frustration that he can’t do what he wants. My ds throws himself backwards, shouts and kicks his feet, sometimes he gets cross and tries to pinch me. Usually very short episode of couple minutes and then he goes back to playing and being happy. Not sure about the sleepy and limp this hasn’t happened with us. Do you mean he is sleepy and limp during or after the ‘tantrum’ episode?

TreeandMistleJoe Sat 27-Dec-08 06:58:43

my ds is 16 months and whilst he throws tantrums, he doesn't go sleepy and limp. oposite actually, he seems stiff and angry, hitting out and throwing his weight around. he does cry over nothing too, throws a whopping great tantrum for nothing, usually fustration/ tiredness etc.

SpecialOffer Sat 27-Dec-08 07:01:21

my ds 17 months has just started having tantrums, he goes stiff screams and hits/ kicks out

kristatwin Sat 27-Dec-08 09:36:05

Hi thanks for your messages, singsong he seems to go very tired during the tantrum, and his eyes go very red rimmed, i know this seems strange but it seems to happen the same time every day, been to see the doctor who seems to think that it is a tantrum, but for my peace of mind is refering him to a peditrican !!

singsong Sat 27-Dec-08 11:04:43

Do you think it could be the tiredness that is triggering the tantrum?

Nighbynight Sat 27-Dec-08 11:29:18

yes, I think I would also get this checked out. And go with your instincts.
What other people posted sounds familiar to me, eg going rigid, screeching, hitting/kicking. My children also had an alarming tendency to start shaking with rage, just before a HUGE explosion!
But what you said in your OP, sounded a bit different.

kristatwin Sat 27-Dec-08 11:39:04

I know that is what i think, it seems to happen about a hour after waking and he goes all sleepy and starts screaming, even after a 13 hour sleep, and after his nap in the afternoon !!

singsong Sat 27-Dec-08 12:29:09

Maybe you could record a bit of it on a camera or mobile phone to show the paediatrician so they know exactly what happens.

kristatwin Sat 27-Dec-08 14:24:55

I had thought of that singsong, he has just woke from his nap and am waiting for it all to start, have give him loads of love nad attention for the last 15 minutes and he is playing with his toys now, this has been going on fir a couple of months now, and at first i did think was tantrums but after speaking to other people not so sure !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now