Talk

Advanced search

Scared of snow??

(7 Posts)
LeilaC Fri 19-Dec-08 20:13:13

Please somebody tell me that this is not totally weird! I took my DD (she turns 2 next week) to the mountains today for her very first sight of snow and as I got her out of the car, she started crying and didn't stop! I'm gutted as thought we could have a lovely day building snowmen and sliding down on tin trays, but she was so hysterical that we called it a day after a couple of hours. Has anybody else's LO been scared of snow?!?! She's SOOO not normally like this, although a bit shy, she rarely cries like that.

Thanks v v much

LIZS Fri 19-Dec-08 20:18:15

ds particularly wasn't that keen on the texture (didn't like going barefoot on grass either), even through boots and dd didn't like the cold/damp and bulky clothing. Both got over it eventually but they must have been 3 ish by then. With dd getting proper fitting insulated snow boots really made a difference her second winter - elefanten goretex lace ups - plus proper gloves, hat and suit.

RunningGirl Fri 19-Dec-08 21:58:41

My DD was terrified of snow aged 2 as well - DH gutted as he's a big snow sports lover. We went away for a weekend to the Alps and she wouldn't put her feet down - had to go in the buggy or be carried at all times! Following year she was a bit hesitant but totally fine.

MistleSQUONKandWine Fri 19-Dec-08 22:00:05

my dd2 was terrified of grass, sand and snow.

She has grown out of all these fears and happily plays on the beach, in the garden or in the snow for hours now.

seringoutthosebellstonight Fri 19-Dec-08 23:39:13

Yep, My DD was scared of snow as well aged 2-3, also scared of the sea from 2-6yrs!

Colonelcupcake Sat 20-Dec-08 20:21:19

Yes my eldest is scared of it too

xcited4xmas Sat 20-Dec-08 20:57:35

my ds was scared of the snow the first time he saw it too aged 2.0, i dont think its that unusual he has grown out of it now though aged 2.8 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now