Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Naps and discipline for 2.10 DD

(6 Posts)
mummytummy Thu 24-Mar-05 16:17:36

DD1 (2.10) recently cut out her day time nap, but the problem is she isn't really able to handle it - by the end of the day she is absolutely unbearable, and she sometimes gets herself in such a state because she is so tired that she hyperventilates. I just have to hold her until she gets through this. If I try to put her down to nap, she just gets up again and again. She has also started getting up an hour and a half earlier than previously. She goes to bed in the evening no problem, but I think she is so tired, she can't argue with it! How have other parents dealt with this? Also, I don't smack her, but I don't have a consistent form of discipline. How do other parents disclipline their children (ie naughty corner, etc)?

mummylonglegs Thu 24-Mar-05 20:27:13

My dd's 2.5 and so far still needs her nap, thank goodness! But I've read other people's threads on here that the key seems to be to put them to bed in the evening very early, even as early as 6pm until they adjust. Also, are you sure she really doesn't need her nap?

mrspink27 Thu 24-Mar-05 20:31:29

hi mummytummy, glad its not just my dd1 then! she is 2.10 and dropped her daytime nap about 6 weeks ago! by the end of the day she is a miserable old trout, and as far as dh and 1 are concerned she does still need her sleep, but trying telling her that"!!!" we have bought bedtime right forward. i start tea at 5 and by 6.30 she is bathed, storied, milk, teeth and asleep. (most nights) sometimes she'll fall asleep in the car, especially towards the end of the week! i never thought i would cope without my hour in the afternoon for myself!

mrspink27 Thu 24-Mar-05 20:33:08

meant to also say that she wakes up between 7 and 7.20 every morning without fail, no matter what time bed is! and she is starting to play in her room, once the curtains are pulled! which is bliss!!

jane313 Thu 24-Mar-05 20:38:38

I met a couple of people recently whose daughters have just dropped their naps. One lets her watch videos for a while at lunctime/pm so shes just sort of relaxed and dozing and peaceful. And less cranky later on. Another does an hour walk in the pushchair for the same affect.

mummytummy Sun 27-Mar-05 21:33:46

Thanks for your replies. Does the earlier bedtime make them less cranky? I'm definitely going to try that option. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now