Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is being a 'daddy's girl' a phase???

(6 Posts)
mummylonglegs Wed 23-Mar-05 21:30:36

Dd's just started being so absurdly into 'daddy' that I'm almost feeling slightly rejected! She's 2.5 and up until now we've been such a close unit she and I, especially as dp works long hours away from home. Just this last week though she's mad on him, wants him to do bedtime stories, pushes me off when he's on offer, etc. etc. etc. On one hand I'm glad as it takes some responsibility off me and I'm also glad for them to have a close bond. But I do find it hurtful to suddenly not be the 'love of her life.'

Or do I just sound like a stupid, soppy, mum? I probably am a bit and I was a terrible daddy's girl myself.

So, does this go on and on now, so I should prepare myself, or is it a phase like so many other things?

sansouci Wed 23-Mar-05 21:32:37

Totally normal! Soon she'll switch over & be identifying with you more but for now, go with the flow.

LGJ Wed 23-Mar-05 21:36:24

Oh Lord I hope so ....ATM DS is a Daddies boy and at times I feel so excluded.

DH does not encourage it BTW.

mummylonglegs Wed 23-Mar-05 22:10:52

Well, it's a very new thing with us. It's been the other way round up until now, she's been a total mummy's girl! I now know how dp's been feeling all this time .

katierocket Wed 23-Mar-05 22:14:07

loads of threads on this before so must be very usual
here
here
here
and here

!

mummylonglegs Wed 23-Mar-05 22:15:32

Yes, Katie, I remember there being threads on it before but they never affected me as dd was a mummy's girl back then! I guess I should read them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now