Talk

Advanced search

teething

(6 Posts)
berolina Wed 23-Mar-05 09:57:57

Hi all. This is a curious question from a soon-to-be first-time mum.
I visited a children's library yesterday and there was a little boy there who had REALLY bright red cheeks. I asked his mum if he had slapped cheek disease because being pg I of course want to be cautious. She said no, it's his teething - with him it seems to do that particularly badly. Does teething tend to do this to cheeks on a regular basis? I can imagine how it might happen, but I didn't know about this and it would be good to know in case it happens to my little one. Anyone else had this happen?

mummytosteven Wed 23-Mar-05 09:59:47

Yes! And dribbling. And anything from general grumpiness to lots of crying at night.

berolina Wed 23-Mar-05 15:31:44

Thanks mts. (Hi there BTW. How's things?)

I've read though that this is a misconception - that it isn't actually teething but something else entirely that does this to cheeks? Anyone know anything about that?

Sponge Wed 23-Mar-05 15:41:04

Not sure but shortly before any new teeth appeared with either of mine we got red cheeks and nappy rash. The dribbling was pretty much a constant, teeth or not.

LIZS Wed 23-Mar-05 15:46:44

Yup ds looked permanently flushed. Took him ot London to visit work at almost 5 months. Warm but not hot day in auagst. Old lady on train remarks on his red cheeks and asks if he was he teething. No, say I thinking "stupid woman, he's too little" and hoping he hasn't caught the sun. Two days later he had both bottom ones!!! He also dribbled incessantly and had a permanently sore chin. Oh, and we got the odd rancid nappy too.

KathH Wed 23-Mar-05 15:47:16

definately red cheeks & with 3 of my 4 unspeakable nappies as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now