Talk

Advanced search

teething

(6 Posts)
berolina Wed 23-Mar-05 09:57:57

Hi all. This is a curious question from a soon-to-be first-time mum.
I visited a children's library yesterday and there was a little boy there who had REALLY bright red cheeks. I asked his mum if he had slapped cheek disease because being pg I of course want to be cautious. She said no, it's his teething - with him it seems to do that particularly badly. Does teething tend to do this to cheeks on a regular basis? I can imagine how it might happen, but I didn't know about this and it would be good to know in case it happens to my little one. Anyone else had this happen?

mummytosteven Wed 23-Mar-05 09:59:47

Yes! And dribbling. And anything from general grumpiness to lots of crying at night.

berolina Wed 23-Mar-05 15:31:44

Thanks mts. (Hi there BTW. How's things?)

I've read though that this is a misconception - that it isn't actually teething but something else entirely that does this to cheeks? Anyone know anything about that?

Sponge Wed 23-Mar-05 15:41:04

Not sure but shortly before any new teeth appeared with either of mine we got red cheeks and nappy rash. The dribbling was pretty much a constant, teeth or not.

LIZS Wed 23-Mar-05 15:46:44

Yup ds looked permanently flushed. Took him ot London to visit work at almost 5 months. Warm but not hot day in auagst. Old lady on train remarks on his red cheeks and asks if he was he teething. No, say I thinking "stupid woman, he's too little" and hoping he hasn't caught the sun. Two days later he had both bottom ones!!! He also dribbled incessantly and had a permanently sore chin. Oh, and we got the odd rancid nappy too.

KathH Wed 23-Mar-05 15:47:16

definately red cheeks & with 3 of my 4 unspeakable nappies as well!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: