Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A happy thread about ds3 talking!

(8 Posts)
Lonelymum Tue 22-Mar-05 12:46:44

I just want to share this with you, especially as there seems to be a lot of unhappiness around today too.

Ds3 (aged 2) is, like ds1, not a very early talker. I am not worried about this: ds1 didn't say anything until 2.2yrs so ds3 is already doing better: he probably has about 30 single words, mainly not pronounced very clearly though, like ds1.

Today though, we have had 3 new words, just like that!
Firstly "mess" although he missed off the ss as he pointed to a pile of pencils scattered on the floor. When I said "Yes there is a mess, who made it?" he said "Me!" as plain as anything. Then just now, he pointed at my socks which happen to have sheep on them and said "Baa!"

It is days like this that keep you going.

Oh crikey, even as I type he is saying "Where? Where?" and when I said what are you looking for, he said "ball" and is now running to all the places I suggest he looks for it.

dinosaur Tue 22-Mar-05 12:48:59

Wow! Good on yer, DS3!

My DS1 was a very late talker as well, whereas my DS2 was an early talker. Am already watching DS3 with some degree of anxiety (shouldn't be, he's not even 8 months yet...).

Lonelymum Tue 22-Mar-05 13:04:27

But true to him being a 2 year old, he has just annoyed me severely by pulling the computer plug out of the wall just as I had typed up a long and considered reply to another thread! I put him straight to bed (he usually naps now anyway) and he didn't even complain: he knew he had done wrong!

dinosaur Tue 22-Mar-05 13:11:52

Aaaaaargh!

coppertop Tue 22-Mar-05 13:16:57

Well done to little ds3!

My ds2 (2.1yrs) has only really started using words over the last couple of months. They're mostly unclear but sound very cute. Ds1's Spiderman trainers are now known as "By-der-mah shooo"

coppertop Tue 22-Mar-05 13:18:14

Obviously meant "well done" about the talking - not because he'd unplugged the computer!

must preview.....

dyzzidi Tue 22-Mar-05 13:19:53

My nephew aged 11 months was sat on my knee at the end of a family meal being blissfully ignored then started saying Ink Ink Ink. Obviously he wanted a drink we all made such a fuss he says it all the time now and eah for yes.

So cute

KarenThirl Tue 22-Mar-05 13:21:11

Hurrah for big developments like this! A happy day indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now