Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are his teeth ever going to come through???

(21 Posts)
swiperfox Sun 13-Mar-05 13:12:04

DS is 9 months next week and has only got two teeth! His first two bottom ones came through at 6 months and then nothing! I thought they all came through pretty quickly once the first two were up or am i just being impatient?!!

LOL the back of his head is still a bit flat too - when does that pop out??!!

suzywong Sun 13-Mar-05 13:14:45

give the wee fellow a chance!
sounds perfectly reasonable rate of development to me, my ds2 is 18 mo and still hasn't got all his

Catbert Sun 13-Mar-05 13:21:25

I think flat heads stay pretty much flat... But others with babies whose heads flattened when small may be able to tell you differently...

DD2 got first 2 teeth at just over 11 months, and then next 2 on her first birthday.

I was over 1 before any appeared.

They come through when they are ready. There is some thought that the later they appear the stronger they are, because of the longer they have to calcify in the gums (or something like that)...

Katemum Sun 13-Mar-05 13:28:24

My dd got two teeth through at 5 months. She is now 9 months and 5 have come through in the last 2 weeks. Give him time they will come when they are ready.
Not sure about the head bit, does he sleep on his back?

swiperfox Sun 13-Mar-05 13:31:33

I'm doing exactly what i shouldn't and comparing him I was skimming through the June 04 babies thread and they all seem to have 6 teeth!

He does sllep on his back but is starting to sleep more on his side so maybe it'll start to move out a bit now lol poor little flat-head!!

mummylonglegs Sun 13-Mar-05 13:31:41

Dd got her first 2 teeth at 11 months, then they came through 2 at a time fairly regularly over the next couple of months. She's 2.5 now and has just started getting her 2nd molars through at the back. They're taking an age!

No idea about flat heads. Is it very flat or just the shape of his skull? One of my mates has rather a flat head

aloha Sun 13-Mar-05 15:47:01

My ds had no teeth at all until he was over one. Has them all now!

muminlondon Sun 13-Mar-05 19:41:52

dd got her first two bottom front ones at 10 months, then top four at 12 months. Then nothing for another 6 months and suddenly another 10 appeared in quick succession. That teething-free period was bliss - she ate like a horse, slept like a log and was cold-free most of that time too. Now she's just turned 2 there's only the back molars to come. Enjoy the breather!

roisin Sun 13-Mar-05 19:48:13

DS1 got his first two teeth at 11.5 months, ds2 was 12 months before he got his. Apparently they are then more likely to get their second set later: ds1 was nearly 7 before he lost his first milktooth - some of his friends started losing them when they were 5. If they are older before their permanent teeth come through they should be better at brushing them, and they should last longer!

So take heart!

Hulababy Mon 14-Mar-05 08:25:37

DOn't worry about it. DD got her first teeth at 13 months, and then got them all in the wrong order after that. It didn't cause her any problems at all though and she could eat pretty much anything, without any teeth.

Hayls Mon 14-Mar-05 08:48:15

My friend has a dd who is over 15 months and still hasn't got any teeth at all. Apparently it runs in the family and she didn't get any until she was 18 months so I think you can stop worrying!

Tinker Mon 14-Mar-05 08:59:37

Mine didn't get any teeth until she was 13 months. Think if they get first teeth later, they get second ones later as well which can be "better" to stop overcrowding. Think

weesaidie Mon 14-Mar-05 09:48:30

Thank god. I am not alone.

My wee one (sorry don't understand all the abbreviations!) has not a single tooth and she is 11 months.

What makes it worse is my mother (who was a health visitor!) saying things like, 'why hasn't she got any teeth yet!? You musn't be giving her enough things to chew!' Etc, etc.

Anyway, all your posts have really eased my mind!

snowmoon Mon 14-Mar-05 13:06:14

My DS is 7 1/2 months and still has no teeth at all. Personally I'm in no hurry for them to come as it will be extra work anyway having to clean them. And I'm sure when they're ready to come they will so I don't worry.

sallycinnamon Mon 14-Mar-05 13:11:14

My dd was 11 months before anything came through. She's 2 now and most are there. Make the most of it before you have to enter into the joy that is teeth cleaning. What a happy time it is in our household!

muminlondon Mon 14-Mar-05 13:52:15

I know a girl (8 years old now) who got her first tooth at 2 years old. Her second set have only just started to come through too. No reason, just runs in the family.

Socci Mon 14-Mar-05 20:22:08

Message withdrawn

kbaby Mon 14-Mar-05 21:14:45

my dd 9 1/2 months only has the bottom 2. They came through at 7 months but nothing since.

madgirl Mon 14-Mar-05 21:22:36

my sister's ds was 15 months before he got his first tooth. then they all came through really quickly. don't worry about it (it's been said before tho, easier said than done

bobbybob Mon 14-Mar-05 23:20:48

Ds is now 2, has all of his teeth and his head has popped out. He had bottom ones only for a good 3 months and then got a couple of month from then on.

ghosty Mon 14-Mar-05 23:40:54

My DD didn't get her first two teeth till 9 months and then her top two at 11 months ... she is now 13.5 months and only has the 4 ... but one of the next top ones is just beginning to cut through at last, her poor gums have been bulging for ages!
DS had 6 teeth by 12 months and then had no more till he was 20 months ... he then got 10 in the space of 2 months !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now