Talk

Advanced search

sleeping through the nightish then suddenly waking at 3am again

(6 Posts)
Ran15 Mon 03-Nov-08 15:12:38

I have a 7 week old son who about 3 weeks ago starting going down after the last feed at 10 - 11pm then waking between 5am and 6am which was great. The last 3 nights he has been waking at 3-4am and last night he did not sleep again after this feed. I don't think he is getting hungry as he is taking more food than before throughout the day time. Is this normal? We are moving him from a crib to a cot tonight to see if that makes a difference. Any other advice, tips?????

Bubbaluv Mon 03-Nov-08 15:26:00

Normal. Could be a growth spurt, but they do tend to just become more alert and therefore more wakeful at about that age.

Ran15 Mon 03-Nov-08 17:20:36

Great!! hopefully he will decide to sleep through again soon. Thanks for the reply

hopefully Mon 03-Nov-08 19:14:48

I am envy that you've had any time of sleeping through! it's probably growth/wakefulness related, but if he's done it before there's a reasonable chance he'll settle back into it in a few days - if he doesn't within a couple of weeks perhaps you can start questioning whether he's waking out of hunger, habit or excessive day time sleep...

ang22 Mon 03-Nov-08 19:31:13

my little boy is twelve weeks and is doing exectly the same. He normally feeds at ten then sleeps till 6 but last two nights has been awake at three which he settles again with a dummy quite quickly but then wakes at 5 and could only settle by feeding him. Last night he would not settle at three at all. He is also feeding loads through out the day so i am guessing it is a growth spurt.

katherine2008 Mon 03-Nov-08 19:31:44

lucky you, my 8 week old dd wakes at 2am every night and then again at 5.15am...!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now