Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My Mummy's girl won't go to Daddy - Help!

(7 Posts)
YesSirICanBoogie Mon 03-Nov-08 14:15:42

My DD is almost 2 and has always been very independant. Lately she's become a really clingy Mummy's girl who won't go to DH. She will go to her Granparents quite happily. DH is very down about it. What can I do??

DiscoDizzy Mon 03-Nov-08 21:25:31

Its hard, we've got 2 DDs and both have gone through these phases. Its only just since DD2 turned 3 that she's being more daddy friendly.

Plonker Mon 03-Nov-08 21:29:38

Its a phase that a lot of little ones go through, it can be very sad for the rejected parent but it will pass.

Could daddy have special 1:1 time with dd?
Maybe make bath time a special dad/daughter time - you may need to actually leave the house at first so that she will 'allow' daddy to bath her, but that won't last forever.
Ditto story-time or anything thats special to just them eg. walking the dog/feeding the ducks etc just something the two of them can do together.

hth a little

Ags Mon 03-Nov-08 21:54:34

My dd (2.5) has been going through this phase too. I think we are coming to the end of it now. My dh was also very hurt at times but I think it is really important that they do their best not to show impatience about it and not to let it deter them from giving attention and love. Plonker is no plonker when she says 1:1 time with Daddy is key even if it means you have to leave for it to happen. A friend of mine's dh has completely de-bonded (interesting new word!) from his dd after this phase happened. A sign of his immaturity I think!

Spoo Mon 03-Nov-08 21:57:11

I would suggest you go out and leave them to time together. My DS2 is very much a mummy's boy but last weekend DH took him swimming on his own. Since then he has asked for Daddy a lot more.

Plonker Mon 03-Nov-08 21:59:24

"Plonker is no plonker"

I'm going to print that out and pin it up Ags grin

Ags Mon 03-Nov-08 22:32:58

grin Plonker!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now