Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - my 4.5 yo dd has turned into Devil Child!

(5 Posts)
PortoTreasonandPlot Sun 02-Nov-08 22:43:23

She's an only child and is probably a bit spoiled, and we're used to her trying it on. We've always we been quote firm about manners and doing as she's told, and normally the threat of no TV does the trick. This week though she has been truly awful. Constant answering back, and no, no, no.

The normal stuff doesn't work. Threats of no DVD today, got a "I'm never talking to you again" and major tantrum - and this was just about her getting dressed. There was screaming, DH got involved, lots of yelling. We've had this all week. Is it the clocks changing or just her age? DH smacked her today - something we never normally feel the need for, at least not for 2 years anyway. I just want to handle it better....

PortoTreasonandPlot Mon 03-Nov-08 08:34:55

I was a bit late last night....

MamaG Mon 03-Nov-08 08:38:39

Has she just started school? My DD went through a phase like this after starting reception because she was so tired.

PortoTreasonandPlot Mon 03-Nov-08 08:42:51

No - she's been full time at the Maternelle for 2 years. I wondered if she was extra tired/out of sync because of the clocks...

MamaG Mon 03-Nov-08 08:46:35

Its possible I guess, especially if its been esp bad this week.

Think you need to ride this one out. If there's lots of yelling (from adults) all thats going to do is wind her up more, make her anxious and play up all the more! But you know that wink - so easy to say when you're sitting with quiet children grin

Try to be calm, think about some new coping techniques (naughty corner?) and try to remember it won't last forever! good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now