Talk

Advanced search

10 week old - what is normal?

(5 Posts)
abbevillemum Thu 30-Oct-08 21:42:01

My DS doesn't do much - he smiles and coos if you give him attention but regularly he doesn't seem to be looking at our faces, but over our shoulders/heads etc. Is this normal? Thanks, a worried Mum.

RubyShivers Thu 30-Oct-08 21:43:28

i think that is about par for the course for a 10 week old

babies don't do much at this age

as long as he seems healthy, alert, weeing and pooing ok and taking plenty of milk then am sure he is fine

flourybaps Thu 30-Oct-08 21:50:55

Hiya, gosh the worry never stops I think it just changes, I started a thread earlier saying 'what does your 5 month old do' lol.

Anyway at 10 weeks old your lo sounds perfectly normal, trust me a 5 months old my baby dosent do much more than you describe!

I remember my dd always seemed to be looking past us/over our shoulders at this age. Dont worry, rubyshivers is right poo,wee,food, the odd smile thrown in oh and a bit of crying is all you can expect at this age.

squeakypop Thu 30-Oct-08 21:51:29

Normal

Starbear Thu 30-Oct-08 22:09:09

Normal. My DH laughs at me now as I worried & cried that my DS wouldn't bond with me because he would look past me etc.. NOW it's Mummy, Mummy, I want Mummy to do that, I want Mummy to do everything. Mummy play with me, Mummy can I help you. he is also a chatterbox that has to have mummy listen to all of it. it's sweet But sometimes!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now