Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sling users and buggys..

(4 Posts)
claudib Wed 29-Oct-08 12:01:18

i'm using a sling at the moment for my 6 week old as i live in the city but intend to get a buggy when she gets older.

I'm told that some babies won't swap to a buggy later on - I don't wanna do my back in!

any thoughts..?

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Wed 29-Oct-08 12:05:12

My 2.5 year old thinks that a buggy is a real novelty - but I/DH still carry him as we find them a real nuisance. A good sling won't reck your back.

ib Wed 29-Oct-08 12:10:24

I think they do have to be young enough to get used to it - ds loves his buggy, but only wants to walk and push it!

Having said that he gets into it fine with other people, so he's probably just picking up on dh's dislike of it.

The issue ime is that once you are used to a sling lugging a buggy around just seems like too much of a fag...

NellyTheElephant Wed 29-Oct-08 17:01:43

Thankfully I'd never heard this, so I didn't worry about it, and we didn't have any problem. DD2 was pretty much always in the sling prior to 6 months (although I did use the buggy occasionally with no problem), from 6 months to about 16 months usually in a hip sling and sometimes in buggy, from then on usually walked but I would take hip sling in case she got tired and use buggy for longer distances. It was never an issue, the buggy was fine. In fact she made less of a fuss getting in than DD1 did - who was rarely carried in a sling. All babies (whether used to slings or not) go through that stage of refusing to get into buggies, arching back, going stiff etc - it's one of the few areas over which they can exert control!!! Watch a few mothers in the playpark wrestling their toddlers back into their buggies and you'll get the picture......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now