Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can Babies show signs of Aggression?

(12 Posts)
loneSoldier Tue 28-Oct-08 11:50:33

My 8 month old baby boy can be quite demanding and although he can be the happiest boy in the world when he wants to be, he has started 'shouting'.

He can actually look really angry, as if he is trying to bark orders that we are not following.....mainly because we don't know what he wants.

Is this normal? My other half is worried that he will turn in to an angry child.

PottyCock Tue 28-Oct-08 11:51:38

normal imo

PottyCock Tue 28-Oct-08 11:52:09

they're just figuring our they have their own minds and can't express themselves yet. frustrating for them!

loneSoldier Tue 28-Oct-08 11:55:07

I undesrstand the frustration and was expecting the crying and tantrums, but it's very un-nerving when he seems to be snarling....I am considering renaming him Damien!

nickytwooootimes Tue 28-Oct-08 11:59:53

TOtally, utterly normal.
It is frustration at not being able to do all he wants and say what he wants. It must be infuriating being wee!
He is angry at his limitations.
Ds used to go nuts at times and he is now aged 2 and a chilled out wee man.

meandmyjoe Tue 28-Oct-08 14:02:26

Very normal. My ds used to almost snarl at us and then do this really loud, strained shouting sound like he was really angry but he was just very frustrated.

loneSoldier Wed 29-Oct-08 08:41:19

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know I don't have anything to worry about.

cory Wed 29-Oct-08 09:19:40

Your other half needs to start reconciling himself to the thought of an angry child now; chances are he will go through angry phases throughout his childhood (look out for the terrible twos, the miserable threes, the starting-school-syndrom, the preteens and pubrty). As others have said, there is a lot of frustration involved in growing up. As long as he is met with love, firmness and good humour he will weather these phases successfully.

hellyberry Wed 29-Oct-08 09:46:00

my 7 month old sounds like a bear when he wants something. 'hrrrrr hrrrr hrrrrr' snarls from the highcahir. its disconcerting!

GooseyLoosey Wed 29-Oct-08 09:47:48

Yep, normal. Some of the baby photos we have of ds are terrifying - he looks like a grumpy old man.

ledodgy Wed 29-Oct-08 09:50:19

My 9 month old has a little stuborn streak. When he crawls near something he shouldn't and I tell him not to (not shouting just a little, no, no, no Tom Tom) he looks at me then if something is behind him he will bang his head on it gently and if there's nothing behind him he sort of jerks. I'm dreading what he'll be like at two!

ledodgy Wed 29-Oct-08 09:50:29

*stubborn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now