Talk

Advanced search

MMR yesterday and then worst night ever last night...

(13 Posts)
bluestripes Tue 28-Oct-08 07:45:39

DS usually sleeps ok but he had his MMR yesterday afternoon and was pretty much awake most of last night, crying. He is still crying on and off this morning and not really wanting his milk.He has a slight temperature. From everything I have read, the fever side effects are supposed to only come up about 7-10 days later. Did anyone else's DS have this after the MMR?

LostProphet Tue 28-Oct-08 07:46:26

mine had it in the 24hrs after, and then in 7 day spurts for a couple of weeks.

cluckyagain Tue 28-Oct-08 07:48:06

NO - mine had the effects 7-10 days later. he could have been coming down with something in any case and it's just bad timing - it;s that time of year unfortunately.

bluestripes Tue 28-Oct-08 09:36:53

Just making me a bit worried as he has gone right off his food and is really miserable.

dinny Tue 28-Oct-08 09:39:50

was it your thread about the jab the other day?

I'd take him to the dr if worried

WhatFreshHellIsThis Tue 28-Oct-08 09:41:46

do take him to the docs if you're concerned - but remember there's lots of bugs going around at the moment anyway so it might be wholly unrelated. DS is currently lying on the sofa with streaming eyes, runny nose, bad cough and no appetite from a nasty cold/flu thing.

hope your DS feels better soon smile

dinny Tue 28-Oct-08 09:42:43

unfortunately an vaccination can have side effects pretty much straight away

Hersetta Tue 28-Oct-08 10:58:52

My DD had her MMR 3 weeks ago and that very night she was awake for 3 hours between 1-4am. She was perfectly happy, not crying etc, but was just wide awake. The next night she went back to normal and although she did get a temperature about a week after the jab, it only lasted a few days and she is now right as rain.

Hersetta Tue 28-Oct-08 10:58:53

My DD had her MMR 3 weeks ago and that very night she was awake for 3 hours between 1-4am. She was perfectly happy, not crying etc, but was just wide awake. The next night she went back to normal and although she did get a temperature about a week after the jab, it only lasted a few days and she is now right as rain.

morningpaper Tue 28-Oct-08 11:00:18

I would give calpol or ibruprofen and do that before bedtime tonight as well

sounds like he might be going down with a cold or soemthing TBH

nellieloula Wed 29-Oct-08 07:55:45

Poor you. we've just been through this too - DS had his MMR (the 2nd one) and I think caught an infection at the same time and my god he was poorly. Just floored him - high temperature for over a week. Absolutely fine now though - I think as someone else said, it's just bad timing at this time of year. Lots of pain relief and drinks seemed to help (and endless tv - bad mother grin
hope you get some rest too.

LIZS Wed 29-Oct-08 09:18:16

dd was pretty unwell within a day or two. Lasted about a week to 10 days. No reaction to booster though 6 months or so later.

kittypower Wed 29-Oct-08 18:49:10

My DS had his MMR a few days ago too and was pretty unwell straight after it. He seemed to be getting worse so I took him back to the doctor who said he also had tonsilitus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now