Talk

Advanced search

Would you make a doctors appt for this, is he going to think I'm stupid??

(7 Posts)
wonderstuff Mon 27-Oct-08 12:36:30

DD was born with very wide great toes, (have posted about them a few times, sorry if your bored by hearing about them) Anyway plastic surgery is due when she is 18mo, but she is now 12mo and walking and so I think I should get her shoes, but am worried about getting ones that don't fit properly, so have made a doctors appointment to see what he thinks. Am I being totally neurotic by going to the doctors about shoes?? She has prewalkers for playgroup but they are 12-18mo size and thats the biggest size and they only just fit. What do you think?

wonderstuff Mon 27-Oct-08 12:42:54

Any one got an opinion out there?

Kewcumber Mon 27-Oct-08 12:44:10

ask your GP for a referral to a podiatrist for their opinion on shoes - doubt the GP will know anything but I think its a reasonable question to ask.

ledodgy Mon 27-Oct-08 12:44:42

No I think it makes sense she may need special shoes.

shabster Mon 27-Oct-08 12:46:13

My 11yr old son has almost 'square feet' He takes a 2 H. His feet are almost as wide as they are long!! We can only get his shoes from Clarkes. Im sure they would be able to help - because they always measure the childs feet.

Personally though I always think you should go to see the doctor if you are concerned about anything involving your child.

wonderstuff Mon 27-Oct-08 12:47:01

Thank you. I thought it was reasonable, but had a bit of a 'am I being stoopid' moment

wonderstuff Mon 27-Oct-08 12:48:13

Shabster she has normal heels, so worried about her keeping wide shoes on her feet, will go to clarks and ask though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now