Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dd1 going through puberty - when do you think we should expect periods to start?

(16 Posts)
trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 20:22:49

Message withdrawn

nooOOOoonki Sat 25-Oct-08 20:29:57

just on the growth thing -

my sister was 5foot until she was 17,her periods started at 14

she is now a towering 5 foot 8! Also she was v skinny.

I wouldnt worry (but would give her a ST and talk to her about using it etc)

scaryfucker Sat 25-Oct-08 20:34:06

yes, about the growth

I too had read they don't grow much in height after periods start but my dd is 13, started a year ago and continues to shoot up and up!

I think my dd was at least 2 yrs after 1st pubes before she started her period and had ikkle boobies for ages too

try not to worry, she seems within a normal range

bozza Sat 25-Oct-08 20:40:38

I think I was a couple of years between pubes and periods IIRC. And on the early side at going through all the stages of puberty.

elsiepiddock Sat 25-Oct-08 20:51:28

I was tall and lanky, but didn't start periods until I was 14!

Had pubes and underarm hair at 10 and needed deodorant then too, though.

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 20:55:21

Message withdrawn

GodzillasGhastlyPutridBumcheek Sat 25-Oct-08 21:00:55

DTDs 1 and 2 started puberty around same age as your DD - they are 11 now and no sign of AF. And they are still growing (a growth spurt at the moment - whoopee, more blardy clothes to buy!).

Ivvvvyygootscaaared444 Sat 25-Oct-08 21:05:02

the theroy that it is weight that starts periods is 7 stone and it is based around the fact that periods will not start until the human female is large enough to sestain a pg.

As to whether you agree or not is up to you, it is though a rough guide and not far out.

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 21:08:04

Message withdrawn

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 25-Oct-08 21:09:26

ok, I am going to write about my three DD's. (namely DD1 tho as she is the one who has gone thro all now and started her periods)

breast buds - about 10yrs. I know that at 10 she needed crop-tops

at 11 she started getting more obvious in the breast growth and needed a training bra.

at 12 she started getting dischargy (sorry if TMI), and also started getting quite ripe BO......and at 12.6yrs she notice pubic hair and under arm hair growth.

periods started at 13.9yrs. she was 5ft 2 and weighed 6st.

DD2 had breast development. she is 12.9yrs now.....no pubic hair or BO as yet but she is dischargy, but she is tiny still, so I think she will be a little later that DD1 starting her periods.

DD3 is 10 in december. she is now beginning to 'bud', so she is on the start of puberty too, altho she is exactly the same size and weight as DD2, only 1" shorter in height.

don;t panic. just because signs are there, it does not mean periods will start immediately.

oh, and FWIW, DD1 followed me almost exactly. I started my periods however at 13.4mths.

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 21:13:49

Message withdrawn

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 25-Oct-08 21:17:03

well.....my friends DD has had pubes from the age of 8, she is now 12 (same age as my DD2), and still no periods. she also has no breast development.......leading me to believe that puberty developes differently in each childeach family.

like I say, my DD's have all (so far), followed me in which sign when, and age.....roughly. I got each of my signs in the same order that DD1 did, and my friend.....same as her DD.

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 21:23:24

Message withdrawn

MrsGhost Sat 25-Oct-08 21:36:27

Dd is 14 and she is 4'11, she is 9 stone, she is a size 6 foot. She has had boobs for a while yet no periods, no pubes and no hair. I think I will wait until she is 15 and then go to the doctors.

cory Sun 26-Oct-08 09:31:17

We haven't had that experience about the growth: dd has grown a lot since starting periods at 10.

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sun 26-Oct-08 09:42:51

My dd is 10.11 and 4 stone, but she is getting boobs and needs deodorant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now