Talk

Advanced search

1 year old DS reacting to me whilst 'settling in' at nursey?

(3 Posts)
ILickYourSlimySleeves Thu 23-Oct-08 11:49:49

DS (1 year old next week) had his first settling period at nursery this morning for an hour. He didn't seem bothered when I said I was leaving and when I returned he looked up at me but kept playing with the toys, didn't seem that bothered I was back TBH! I picked him up to go and he started to cry a bit and the nursery staff person said 'oh that's the first he's cried since he's been here!' which made me feel great hmm

I felt bad that it seemed like he didn't want to leave! Is this normal behaviour or do you think DS is thinking nursery is far better than mummy?

I have had a bit of a cry about it and the fact that my baby is all grown up and doesn't need mummy as much now, boooooo

lazarou Thu 23-Oct-08 11:53:37

It was only an hour though. I imagine once you start leaving him longer he may notice and get a bit tearful.

Actually, that won't really make you feel better either will it? grin

fleacircus Thu 23-Oct-08 11:57:18

DD cried when I got back the first couple of times I left her. He's just glad to see you and it's a release of the little bit of tension he's feeling about you being away. Sounds like he's going to settle in fine - DD is very happy with her CM now and only occasionally cries when I pick her up, usually if she's feeling a bit tired or off colour. She needs to tell me all about it, and that's how she does it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now