Talk

Advanced search

how much sleep does your 18 month have?

(7 Posts)
mel1981 Thu 23-Oct-08 11:19:30

How long does your 18 months old DC sleep night & naps?

my DS has started waking at night and not wanting to go back to sleep for a few hours (eg last night wake at 12 went back to sleep at 4!) and he seems reluctant to go for his morning nap although he still sleeps the same amount of time just goes to sleep later. His cot is still in my room so could be a factor.
But I thought maybe its time to reduce his day time nap.
Any suggestions?

jenniferturkington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:23:12

my ds is 16 months, he sleeps about 10 hours at night then comes in to our bed at around 5am- sometimes he drops back off but sometimes he feeds and is then up for the day! He rarely has longer than an hour in the day. We have concluded that 12 hours sleep in 24 hours is all he needs!

PuppyMonkey Thu 23-Oct-08 11:30:07

Ooh, really sorry but mine sleeps 7pm-7am.

her daytime nap is a bit hit and miss though, anything from half an hour to an hour. And she's refusing to nap in cot at the mo, has to be in pushchair or car seat. It's always around 1pm though, not in the morning

FeelingLucky Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:40

My almost 17 month old DD has a nap in day of anything between an hour and two hours after lunch, then she'll go down for about 12 hours. I say "go down" because she doesn't necessarily sleep the full 12 hours.
Recently she's started waking in night, but not a problem for us as she's just happy to entertain herself before nodding back off again. if anyone can enlighten me I'd be most grateful

flowerybeanbag Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:56

Mine (17mo) sleeps about 8pm to 6.30am and then naps about an hour and a half.

mel1981 Thu 23-Oct-08 12:08:27

Thanks for the replys.
he used to sleep all night 7.30 til 6 or 7ish. so maybe i'll try reducing his day time nap as he has about 2 hours.
Hope it works im starting to look like a zombe from lack of sleep! LOL

FattipuffsandThinnifers Thu 23-Oct-08 16:21:35

Poor you! I'm afraid my 17 mo DS is a lazy little thing, sleeps from 7.30pm-8/8.30am (occasionally even till after 9am). Takes after his lazy-arsed parents grin

I agree that your DS might sleep better in his own room if you can do it. Mine is becoming so used to his own bed/room now he always sleep worse if we're away.

Also, wonder if your DS's energy levels are increasing - perhaps he needs more strenuous physical activity to tire him out? Does he go to nursery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now