Talk

Advanced search

Nightime Screaming. Please help

(7 Posts)
Babysick Wed 22-Oct-08 20:32:10

My 6 1/2 mth ds, formally a great sleeper, has started waking at night and screaming for 2 solid hours - 6 night on the trot now. Seems to have wind, but try gripe water etc to not much avail. Fell asleep on dh this evening, but woke after about an hour in his cot, screaming (1 hour) and now won't go flat. Any suggestions (getting a bit desperate now)...

BagsUnderMyEyes Wed 22-Oct-08 20:34:21

Does he need a night light?
Constipation (from weaning)?
Overtiredness (change to daytime naps)?
teething?

thisisyesterday Wed 22-Oct-08 20:37:09

teething?

BlueBumedFly Wed 22-Oct-08 20:37:44

Ear infection or ear ache? Usually worse when they lie down, a trip to the docs maybe to check out the ears? DD gets ear aches and they don't always present with a temperature.

Teething? Have you given nurofen before bed to see if it stops the waking - could be teeth pain?

Babysick Wed 22-Oct-08 20:42:25

I think he is teething (no teeth yet), but it seems to be his stomach - does it affect that. Don't remember any of this problem with my other ds!

BlueBumedFly Wed 22-Oct-08 22:17:20

I think teeth can upset their stomachs due to the vast amount of dribble they are swallowing. I think DD had terrible nappies when she first started teething.

Mumwhensdinnerready Thu 23-Oct-08 15:26:57

I had this with both DSs and put it down to the introduction of solid food around six months.
A very trying time but just a phase. It will pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now