Talk

Advanced search

Toddler twitches

(4 Posts)
2point4kids Tue 21-Oct-08 19:30:59

Anyone else got a toddler with odd twitches?

My DS (just turned 3) has just got over his blinking excessively phase (it lasted a few months) and is now well into a contant and loudly clearing his throat phase.

Is this a normal toddler thing?

2point4kids Tue 21-Oct-08 20:38:45

No one else got a twitcher?

2point4kids Wed 22-Oct-08 10:34:20

probably more of a habit than a twitch tbh...

<talking to myself emoticon>

asteamedpoater Wed 22-Oct-08 11:44:38

My just turned 3 year old also has an extreme blink/screwing up his eyes thing. His older brother has an array of interesting facial grimaces. Both their father and their uncle on my side had tics as children. My brother grew out of his, and no-one ever teased him about them, anyway; my husband's got quite bad when he was about 10 years old, then gradually disappeared into adolescence, although I have occasionally caught him twitching his nose and making a funny blowing noise through his nose when he's stressed! Childhood tics/habits/twitches are extremely common and are mostly transient, so I wouldn't worry too much. They are more common in slightly older children (in a primary school class, you'll see quite a lot of twitching, coughing and blinking going on!), but I don't think it's abnormal for a toddler to have one or two little twitches, particularly if they are otherwise developing OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now