Talk

Advanced search

DS1 6 talks about his 'non existant' cousin to his friends all the time

(10 Posts)
carocaro Tue 21-Oct-08 17:33:59

Basically what the title says, he does not have any cousins, he would like some, but my brother and sister in law have yet to get to that! Why does he make her up to his friends? I don't mind this really, it's kind of cute, does he want a sister (he has a younger brother) but no more kids for me! It's like an imaginary friend.

NotQuiteCockney Tue 21-Oct-08 17:37:04

It could be worse - DS2 (4) has an imaginary little brother.

He is Roman or Chinese, or a cat. He lives in a nearby park. He's sometimes dead. His age is anything from 6 1/2 to 18. He has 18 kids, one of whom is 14, the rest are 2. His wife is a man. He doesn't like girls and women (sometimes he wants to kill us all). We keep nearly getting to meet him. I think he might be in the army.

We've had this little brother for months and months now. I'm almost dreading him going away.

lulabellarama Tue 21-Oct-08 17:38:23

Myson has an imaginary friend called 'Bubba' who I have accepted for years. I only asked him recently what he lookedlike. Apparently he's a big fat black man who wears baby clothes.
What the hell is that about?

NotQuiteCockney Tue 21-Oct-08 17:40:18

Ok, that's weird.

Ours is called Heady when he's Roman, and Hyack when he's a cat. Or maybe it's the other way around?

There was much consternation recently when we missed his birthday party, which was held at a local park.

The real problem is, I've almost started believing in him. He has a range of interesting jobs, and we keep almost seeing him in the street.

DrNortherner Tue 21-Oct-08 17:40:34

Oh God I remember at school pretending all sorts of people were my couisins when they werent....

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 21-Oct-08 17:41:24

Imagination is good!

My mum still has my old 'news' books from school and I'd be a bridesmaid at least once a month, and provide great illustrations.

I was a bridesmaid, once.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 21-Oct-08 17:42:05

Oh and myself and my best friend used to pretend we were twins if out in the park/ at swimming/ dance classes etc.

TheInvisibleSpookDidIt Tue 21-Oct-08 17:59:28

I had a 'sister' called Sammy. I'd set her her own place at the dinner table, and get very upset if anyone sat in her chair.

I can rememer hating the hairdresser once because she refused to cut Sammys' hair or giveher her own chair.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 24-Oct-08 22:19:32

Today I found out that DS2's little brother is:

a) invisible (which is really bad news - I'm fine with him as a conversation point, but I am not sodding having him hanging about the house causing problems)
b) over a hundred years old

Oh, and recently I found out that when his little brother dies, DS2 grows a new one. I'm a good mix of hmm and grin about this.

hellsbells76 Fri 24-Oct-08 22:29:00

lulabellarama: does he look like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now