Talk

Advanced search

When will my little one feed herself?

(6 Posts)
wonderstuff Mon 20-Oct-08 18:05:23

Here I am covered in vegetables and sauce afer feeding my 11 month old. When, Oh when will she feed herself?

bubblagirl Mon 20-Oct-08 18:13:44

i gave my ds a spoon to feed himslef from about 9 mths but still fed him his dinners until maybe nearly a yr half not sure lol fun days having mash in your hair and sauce on your nice top lol

MrsBadger Mon 20-Oct-08 18:30:51

[harsh] give 'em finger food and let 'em get on with it

dd gets about a teaspoon of yoghurt and fruit in the bottom of a bowl to practise her spooning on, and the rest is fingers all the way

ilovemyghds Mon 20-Oct-08 18:41:13

Agree with MrsBadger. Harly spoon fed mine at all - DC1 wouldn't let me and DC2 did BLW. Think I will prob do the same with DC3 and watch them whilst tidying up the kitchen. It did sometimes get messy, but I found it easier than trying to get it in and constantly wrestling the spoon from their fingers.

alkar Mon 20-Oct-08 18:42:54

Have given DS finger food from 6 months - it does make things easier

FeelingLucky Mon 20-Oct-08 19:14:03

DD started doing it when she was about 13 months-ish. She was BLWeaned but as well as fingers I always gave her a spoon for stuff like yoghurt. 'Twas very messy for ages - sometimes food went in, sometimes it didn;t but I wanted to give her the practise and it;s really paid off.

Now trying to get her to master fork grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now