Talk

Advanced search

really clingy 19 month old please help!!

(5 Posts)
missfib Fri 17-Oct-08 19:34:18

my son is 19 months old i also have a dd 4 and have ds2 8 weeks old,
my ds1 is really clingy as soon as im out of sight he screams for me for instance my friend waited ouside shop with her son and my sons in pram and he cried and screamed from the second i left until i came back and he also hates people looking at him as soon as anyone looks at him he starts crying and looking away he hates it,he is fine with family its just anyone else,im not stressing over it but io just wish i knew why he was like this and maybe i could do something to help??
any ideas would be really great.
thanks
lins xx

Bloodandchatkins Fri 17-Oct-08 19:38:33

Hi missfib, my 17 mo old ds is exactly like this at the moment ! I am not worrying as I have been through it before, dd1 was the same as a baby and toddler, extremely clingy to me, possessive even, but she soon grew out of it and became an independent confident little girl. (She's 6 now.)

Ds started once he could walk, before that he was pretty chilled and would let anyone hold him, or talk to him. Now at toddler groups he won't play, he jst clings to me or stands on my lap, demanding I look at and talk to him ! If I persaude him to do something, then walk away, he panics and tears after me wailing !

It can be frustrating and annoying, especially as you have a new baby to contend with too. He is probably reacting to that as well. Just remember that it will pass, time flies so quickly with kids, and before you know it you will probably be missing him wanting you so much ! Hope that helps

oneplusone Fri 17-Oct-08 19:39:20

It's just a phase, it will pass.

Bloodandchatkins Fri 17-Oct-08 19:43:02

Oh and as for things that might help, I just made sure dh did as much as he could with dd1, and now with ds, so that they built as good a bond with them. Keept going to the toddler groups and things even though there seemed no point sometimes ! Get some time to yourself whenever possible !

missfib Fri 17-Oct-08 22:32:48

thanks for the advice girls!
you have put my mind at rest so thanks.
lins xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now