Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

21 mth old won't sit in highchair or booster seat! Help!

(8 Posts)
shootfromthehip Thu 16-Oct-08 17:38:27

Have just chased DS around the dining room once too often. He was a great eater until he discovered he could climb out of the highchair which became dangerous. I invested in a booster seat which he also climbs down from. He is eating roughly half of previous amounts and is driving me nuts.

Do I let him finish early and get down or keep putting him back on as I have been doing? Any ideas?

MoonlightMcKenzie Thu 16-Oct-08 17:45:10

shoot I have always let my DS get down but I show him that when he gets down it is the end of the meal and I take it away.

I check first a hundred times that he has finished and give him lots of time to change his mind and climb back up.

If the meal is still half there I'll put it in the fridge and present it again either later, or for another meal.

imo not ime, making a battleground of mealtimes makes for a worse eater.

shootfromthehip Thu 16-Oct-08 17:52:25

Thanks moonlight, already have a picky eater are DS has been great until now. Don't want to get it wrong and end up with another fussy monkey.

kiwibella Thu 16-Oct-08 18:03:10

my dd is doing this too... I let her down. It's easier. Usually she will want to sit up with one of us, which can be a nuisance, but it gets us through a meal.

shootfromthehip Thu 16-Oct-08 18:42:20

Same with mine- he wants to sit with me or his dad. It gets annoying. don't remember DD doing this hmm

Sushipaws Thu 16-Oct-08 19:02:23

My dd has become a great eater since I got her a wee table and chair of her own. She shouts "Seat Seat" as I bring her dinner out the kitchen. Won't let me help her eat and it takes up to an hour for her to eat a decent amount, but it's worked for us.

littlelapin Thu 16-Oct-08 19:06:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Thu 16-Oct-08 19:24:46

Yup my ds is doing the same - now we have finally sold the highchair so ther is no option he is in the booster seat then points to get down then cries to get back in <drives me crazy>. Somedays he will sit and eat other times he then generally chucks his drink allover the table etc... My dd was an angel in comparison!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now