Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5mth old play

(4 Posts)
Saacsmum Sun 06-Mar-05 05:58:19

My ds is very uninterested in playing with toys. He will reach to his gym and bat toys and hold some toys for a second or two before dropping them. He is really interested in people and what is happening around him but I am worried that he is not able to grasp objects for long. Are some babies just more observers than interacters or should I be worried.

Saacsmum Sun 06-Mar-05 06:54:38

by the way he is 23wks old.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 06-Mar-05 07:08:46

This is entirely normal at this age - my DS2 is 23 weeks, too. They don't have the motor control or attention span for toys yet. I think my DS2 is a bit better at this than DS1 was, but both of them would rather watch people.

Saacsmum Mon 07-Mar-05 02:12:01

thanx nqc, I have been around friends with babies and got myself all paranoid as they are so much more advanced than my ds, he is still a real baby, baby and I get worried that he will not catch up to what the others are doing as he is uninterested in anything other than watching. I feel a bit more reassured that you have a baby the same age who prefers observing to interacting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now