Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me how normal it is for Reception children to regress a bit on the toilet front...

(7 Posts)
notnowbernard Tue 14-Oct-08 19:19:34

because for the last few days dd1 (5 in Dec) has been wetting herelf

Not completely, but enough to need to get changed when she gets home

And tonight before her bath (despite being reminded to go to the loo about 10mins before) hmm

I don't think it's an infection (she's had one before)

She does tend to do this - have searched old threads of mine on it... last one in Feb/Mar celebrating that by ignoring it the wetting had stopped ... oh well <sigh>... here we go again!

Clayhead Tue 14-Oct-08 19:21:07

Very, very normal, nothing to worry about at all.

anyfucker Tue 14-Oct-08 19:21:38

is normal

give it a few months, she will soon be back on track

compo Tue 14-Oct-08 19:23:50

they don't go quick enough or often enough at school imo because they don't have anyone to nag them into going

notnowbernard Tue 14-Oct-08 19:26:21

Thankyou! Feel relieved

Agree Compo. Also think she's too involved to stop what she's doing

Came home one day last week and had clearly been wet a while... sore tops of thighs where tights had rubbed... I asked her why she didn't go and her reply was "Because it was playtime"... Aargh!!!

nolongeraworriedmummy Tue 14-Oct-08 19:26:49

totally normal, loads of new things to do, they become engrossed in what they are doing.

lulu2 Mon 20-Oct-08 20:23:58

my dd is doing exactly the same. she started school in september and nearly everyday she has wet pants, sometimes she changes them at school and other days she will not change them. When i ask her she says she left it too late to go to the loo.
I have even tried a reward chart but having seen this thread i have decided i am going to stop worrying about it and see how we get on.
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now