Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 month old with high pitched scream- all day. Help!

(5 Posts)
samsmam Tue 14-Oct-08 10:14:40

I have a 7 month old DD that squeals really high pitched all day long if she is not in my arms.
I have a DD that is 2 and holding DD2 all day is not an option. I've tried letting her squeal it out but she never stops. I tried letting her squeal then if she stopped I picked her up as reward that doesn't seem to work.
It seems people don't want to look after her because of it- that may just be my paranoia.

Anyone any ideas.
It is driving me slowly mad.

compo Tue 14-Oct-08 10:15:52

how is she when you are out and about? do you go to toddler groups etc so you can hold her while your eldest has a play?

samsmam Tue 14-Oct-08 10:22:21

she is fine when we are out, in her buggy she is good, find myself walking the streets with them both and going to the park. Just I can't get anything done in doors. And I am going back to work next week. sad

sheena1 Tue 14-Oct-08 11:11:56

Hey my ds is 7 months and he is like this constant squeeling drives me nuts he seams to want 24hr attention the only way i have been able to stop this is by going out walking him in his pram my dd is 2 aswell and being outside all day is not a option as the weather just now is shocking i have recently started piutting him in buggy with raincover and sitting him outside when he starts this seams to work.

may08 Tue 14-Oct-08 11:27:38

Might not be what you want to hear but i spend most of the day out and about as my little boy is 1 and he is the same. Must be harder for you having another one. My little boy is fine if I take him to baby/toddler groups and soft play areas so I just do this as much as I can to keep myself sane. I hope he will become more settled when he can walk, perhaps your little girl will be better when she can crawl. I make sure I am at home for sleep times so that I can get a little bit done around the house!

Sorry its not much help, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now