Talk

Advanced search

one toddler is ruining the classes.

(7 Posts)
ilovetochat Mon 13-Oct-08 21:30:59

dd is 15 months and thrives on structure so i take her to a tots music class and a talking class where we do learning to communicate through sign and words and she loves both classes and has gained a lot of confidence. UNTIL a little girl came to both classes with her dad and screams, snatches all the toys, gets cups out of bags and drinks from them, pushes other kids to get what she wants and smears food all over tabel at snack time. dd has now resorted to running to me when the girl appraoches as she has been knocked over too many times or had her drink stolen. All the time the girl's dad sits on his backside and leaves her to it causing mayhem and the staff are chasing her round picking up kids and returning toys etc. This is a rant more than a question but i don't know how to handle it if her dad doesn't care.

TheArmadillo Mon 13-Oct-08 21:32:32

it should be the people running this that are sorting it out and dealing wiht the parent.

HAve you had a word with them?

Likelihood is you won't be the only one thinking of leaving and they will probably want to do something to stop themselves losing customers.

DarrellRivers Mon 13-Oct-08 21:34:58

Agree it is not your job
I would ignore it, and thank your lucky stars it is not your DD causing havoc

ilovetochat Mon 13-Oct-08 21:37:21

they have noticed and so have other parents and they have said to him a few times can you get XXX to sit down now or can you take that off her and he ambles over and she runs off and ignores him. TBH he seems half hearted and the poor girl is in dirty clothes that don't fit her so i feel sorry for her.
its a centre funded by the govt so the classes are free so they wouldnt lose money if we left but they would lose numbers, also i don't know if they can turn anyone away as its through the govt?

ilovetochat Mon 13-Oct-08 21:38:15

i try to ignore it but when dd is crying and getting clingy it is starting to bother me.

hana Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:30

I feel for you - not sure of what you could do tho?

there is a pair of girls in dd2's ballet class who run riot during the 30 min session - screaming, running around, leaving the hall, ignoring the teacher - generally being pretty disruptive. Was all set to say something to the mum next to me and so glad I didn't as she was one of the girls mum!! Was pretty shocked she didn't say anything or take her kid out.

ilovetochat Thu 16-Oct-08 15:03:01

update, the problem toddler didn't turn up for music or talking class this week so peace has returned, i feel all calm. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now