Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long after they are able to stand up and take half a step alone do they start walking properly?

(8 Posts)
wonderstuff Mon 13-Oct-08 15:57:04

Been sure dd will start walking soon for ages, now she really does seem to be close, how much longer???

francesrivis Mon 13-Oct-08 16:06:43

My dd seemed to be close for months, but didn't actually start walking until 15 mths. We did all sorts to try and encourage her, which looking back seems a bit silly - she was always going to do it when she was ready!

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 13-Oct-08 16:23:56

DD2 was cruising with the furniture at 10 months but didn't walk on her own until 13 months sooooo in answer ages, DD1 otoh was walking at 10 months! grin

so to repeat a old favourite but "they'll do it when they're good and ready"

Mercy Mon 13-Oct-08 16:30:25

It varies enormously.

My dd was taking tentative half steps at around 9/10 months but didn't start walking for another couple of months.

My ds only cruised, never tried to walk but one day got up and walked across the room quite confidently. He attempt it again for another week but from that day he walked full time! He was 17 months old.

Mercy Mon 13-Oct-08 16:31:02

didn't attempt

bubblagirl Mon 13-Oct-08 16:31:35

my ds was so steady on his feet could stanfd unaided looked like he could walk not wobblyt etc but took him nearly 5 mths to go it alone probably a confidance thing he was 14 half months when walked without holding on

NellyTheElephant Mon 13-Oct-08 16:32:12

It can be really variable. Both my girls went from half a step to running around within the space of a week (at 11 months), on the other hand my niece was cruising for months and taking the odd step here and there, she seemed so close, but it was still months before she actually walked properly unaided. They all get there in the end!

wonderstuff Mon 13-Oct-08 17:16:22

Thanks.. so essentially how longs a piece of string!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now