Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sleep

(6 Posts)
Gerrard Mon 13-Oct-08 11:52:54

when will my baby sleep through the night he is 5 weeks old?

UmMwahahahaaaaa Mon 13-Oct-08 11:59:16

maybe next week, maybe next month, maybe next year...

PuppyMonkey Mon 13-Oct-08 11:59:56

It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" one this... some do 11pm-6am or something at 5wks, some never do it ever. You'll be looking at at least six months before you get a proper 12 hours in one go - and then you'll be very lucky if s/he does that without a bit of persuading! Sorry if not helpful. Just catch up on your sleep when you can.smile

pinata Mon 13-Oct-08 12:37:57

as the others have said - what they're ready smile. but when it happens one night, it'll feel great

FraggleMum Mon 13-Oct-08 13:03:43

My DD is 7 months and I'm still waiting for a full nights sleep. She wakes at least once a night, if not twice and is up and ready to go at 6am. I live in hope that this won't last forever!!! I just feel depressed when I come accross mums who tell me how their babies sleep for 12 hours straight and have done so since about 6 weeks! Maybe if I have another one it will be a magical baby with great sleep habits....fingers firmly crossed!

Seona1973 Mon 13-Oct-08 19:46:31

my dd slept through at 5 1/2 months and ds managed it from 8 months (with a bit of gental persuasion to give up the night bottle from 6 months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now