Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

my 7 month old WAS slaaping through the night. what happened??

(3 Posts)
JOK Sun 12-Oct-08 22:03:43

Hey, my 7 month old was sleeping through the night really well since 3 months. During the last 3 weeks she had a tummy bug and now has a teeth coming through. she is now waking up once or twice in the night. i was feeding her because i thiguht she was hungry but am now not feeding her until at least 6 am. we are rocking her and soothing her to sleep but she can't seem to get out of the habit of waking up. any suggestions? My husband and I are exhausted and would love a proper night sleep again.

MrsParker Sun 12-Oct-08 23:03:01

Hi my 7 month old is also waking up in the night, he is also teething, cut his first tooth last monday. Suspect they are just in a bit of discomfort, no suggestions i'm afraid, best of luck!

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 13-Oct-08 10:04:55

Hi, I have 7 month old DS2 doing the same. Although he wasn't sleeping through, he was waking only once for a feed and then going straight back off. Now he is waking 2 or 3 times a night, feeding and finding it hard to settle back. Fun!

We also think teeth, plus he has had a horrid cold for a few days, and is really snorky and coughing. I have also wondered about hunger, as he is getting better at solids, plus he has a top-up bottle at night, but he has big, gulping feeds when he wakes at the moment, so I am not ready to try to cut out feeds yet, as I wondered if he was having a growth spurt (not sure if this is one of the "classic" ages for it, but never mind). Also, he is VERY loud when he cries, and I don't want him to wake DS1...

So, no advice, just sympathy - you are not alone! Presumably you've given Calpol/Bonjela etc for teeth? We are using teething powders also, which do seem to help quite a bit - but not enough to stop him waking, unfortunately. Tummy bugs can really knock them back. Have you considered asking your HV whether there is any sort of probiotic you can give her to help rebalance her gut? Maybe worth a try? [Hopeful emoticon]

Hope she's back on track soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now